CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Contest

I was in the local singing contest yesterday. I was planning on singing Viva la Vida for the longest time, but they didn't have it on the Karaoke machine, so my dad called them up and told them that i wanted to sing Life Is A Highway. When I learned what happened, i was nervous because i didn't know half of the words. Also, when i got back from youth group on friday night, I had a 101.1 tempurature. I had to memorize all the words, learn how to sing it, while trying to overcome a fever. Before I left for the contest, I had a 100.1 temperature. I got up and sang and had a lot of fun. I didn't win, but it was a good experience for me.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

AND you did AWESOME!!!! I was so proud of you, watching your sing with all your heart- and you never once had the 'deer in the headlights' pose! You moved, you belted it out, you connected with the crowd! and I was smiling thinking...this young man is MY grandson, and I got a glimpse of the adult man you will one day be... thanks for taking the risk! love mamaw (I don't know if I like this spelling, but I shall try)

Converseboy said...

Yeah, It was a lot of fun, especially when i was done

Andrea said...

hey! i didn't know you had a blog!!! yay!